Helwan Cement Company
1- Shareholding Structure (31-12-2016)
|Suez Cement Co. (SCC)||99.54|
|Funds, Private Entities & Free Float||0.46|
The Company Profile:
Established in 1929, Helwan Cement was the second cement producer to enter the market. Since August 2005, Suez Cement Company has owned 99.52 percent of the company. Helwan Cement has a production capacity of 4.5 million tons of clinker per year. The company manufactures grey and white cement in its Helwan and El Minya plants, which have a combined capacity of 4.8 million tons per year. Both facilities are ISO 9001 and ISO14001 certified.
- The company's issued and paid up capital amounted to 583,834,725 EGP divided over 116,766,945 fully paid up shares, with a par value of 5 EGP per share.
- Number of Issuances: (4) Issuances.
- The company's authorized capital amounted 2,000 Million Egyptian pounds.
- The company's capital shares had been listed at the Egyptian Stock Exchange (ESE) since 1st February 1995, as per the rules of the Egyptian capital market law no. 95 of the year 1992 and its executive regulations.
- Since the issuance of the new listing rules at The Egyptian Stock of Exchange in November 2008 upon the Decree of the Capital Market Authority's Board of Directors No. 30, dated June 18, 2002, it was obvious that HCC could not be able to be adapted with the said rules since its free floated shares are less than the minimum limit stated at the said rules, pursuant to SCC acquisition.
- On 25th November 2009, the company’s Extraordinary General Assembly Meeting approved the Board of director’s decision dated 28th October 2009 to optionally de-list the company’s shares.
- On 27th January 2010 the company shares have been optionally delisted and the company was committed to buy back the shares owned by all shareholders whom are against the de-listing decision.
Click the pins for more information