Tourah Portland Cement Company
1- Shareholding Structure (31-12-2016)
|Suez Cement Co. (SCC)||66.12|
|Metallurgical Industries Company||18.64|
|Public Banks, Funds and Companies||0.78|
|Private Sector Entities & Free Float||14.46|
The Company Profile:
The Tourah Portland Cement Company, Egypt’s first cement company, was established in 1927. The company, which is 66.12 percent owned by Suez Cement Company, began its operations with a production capacity of four million tons of clinker per year. Today, the company produces nearly four million tons of cement annually. Tourah Cement owned the most ancient gypsum quarry, where the stones of the pyramids originated. The company was the first in Egypt to use the dry method in the cement industry. It was also the first to modernize its lines by reusing wet kilns to get rid of bypass dust. In addition to the decrease of dust emissions, this method led to production increases. In June 2006, Tourah Cement received the API quality certification for producing oil well cement.
- The company's issued and paid up capital amounted to 238.414.000 Egyptian pounds divided over 23.841.400 fully paid up shares, with a par value of 10 EGP per share.
- Following the Extra-Ordinary Assembly meeting’s decision dated on 11th June 2008, by dividing each share into two, to reduce its par value, it has amounted to 5 EGP since October 2008, meanwhile the paid up capital has been increased using legal reserve by distributing a free share for every two shares, accordingly the total value of issued and fully paid up capital became 357.621.000 EGP divided over 71.524.200.
- Number of issuances (3) issuance.
- The company's authorized capital amounted to 800 Million Egyptian pounds.
- The company's capital shares have been listed at the Egyptian Stock Exchange (ESE) since 30th March 1995, as per the rules of the Egyptian capital market law no. 95 of the year 1992 and its executive regulations, in accordance with the Listing Rules issued in November 2008 upon the Capital Market Authority's Board of Directors decree No. 30, dated June 18, 2002, and its last amendments.
Tarek H Kamel
Click the pins for more information